LCFS & Carbon Markets WorkshopDecember 1-3, 2021 | Intercontinental San Francisco
After navigating extreme turbulence due to the COVID-19 pandemic, carbon emissions markets are now growing and thriving, and 2021 brought a revival of demand and carbon price strength as well as interest in starting new programs. In 2022, compliance carbon markets are poised to further strengthen. But legacy programs will share the spotlight with the growing voluntary carbon market (VCM), where companies are purchasing offsets for net-zero emissions and carbon-neutral fuels strategies.
California’s climate change and LCFS programs continue to evolve as does legislation relating to the ADF. Oregon has been mandated by executive order to go from a 10% reduction to 20% reduction in GHG emissions. Washington state signed legislation in 2021 to adopt an LCFS program starting in 2023. Canada’s National Clean Fuel program will take effect December 2022. As CI targets get tighter, and other states and countries begin to adopt low carbon fuel programs, new technologies and increased production from current and new suppliers will be required across the board.
Attend the 10th Annual LCFS & Carbon Markets Workshop and gain insight from recognized industry experts on key insights market topics including:
- What does 2022 and beyond hold for CCA and CCO prices and supply and demand in the California Cap-and-Trade Program?
- What new emissions trading programs are moving closer to implementation? And what regulatory speedbumps are ahead?
- How do transportation fuels companies use voluntary carbon offsets to create carbon-neutral transportation products and services?
- What is the growth projection of the voluntary carbon market (VCM), and how are price transparency and financial instruments facilitating greater participation?
- How is the growing global demand for SAF impacting renewable diesel needed to meet climate goals for California, Oregon and British Columbia’s LCFS programs?
- How will CARB’s 2022 scoping plan to meet carbon Neutrality by 2045 affect California’s LCFS and Cap and Trade Program?
- Will Canada’s Nationwide Clean Fuel program pull renewable fuels from other markets?
- Will the feedstock markets be able to keep up with renewable fuel demand?
- How will the proposed 2022 LCFS amendments impact the current LCFS program?
Meet the conference chairs:
Learn More about Sponsorship Opportunities
For information on the best way to raise your brand profile with our conference attendees, please contact David Coates, Director of Conferences, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-305-0116.